Over New Years we had dinner at one of our favorite sushi places in Tahoe called Mamasake. They had this yummy kale salad that I just had to re-create. My friend Marguerite came over for lunch yesterday so we added a few things to it. Below is the recipe. Really easy and yummy. Even my husband who I push kale on too much liked it! Or maybe he was just hungry 🙂 Let me know if you make it. Oh yeah I also put the amazon links for the toasted sesames and organic sesame oil in case you don’t have time to go to the store.
Serves 4, Prep time 10 minutes
- half a bag of Trader Joes organic Tuscan kale (not bitter and great not cooked)
- 2 tablespoons organic toasted sesame seeds (http://www.amazon.com/Kevala-Organic-Toasted-Sesame-Seeds/dp/B00B8D2WUY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389469290&sr=8-2&keywords=toasted+sesame+seeds)
- 1/4 cup of organic sesame oil (http://www.amazon.com/Kevala-Organic-Sesame-Oil-8oz/dp/B00654I9E4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389469357&sr=8-2&keywords=sesame+oil)
- 2 tablespoons of organic rice vinegar
- juice of one organic meyer or regular lemon
- Goat feta cheese (optional)
- organic avocados (2 small diced) optional
Start by pouring half of the kale bag into your salad bowl. Then I use my kitchen scissors to cut into smaller bite size pieces. This is something I am crazy about I like bite size pieces. Next put in the avocado and cheese if you are using. Then you need a small mixing bowl to make dressing. Place all the oil, seeds, rice vinegar and lemon juice into a bowl and whisk together. Add to kale, toss and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. That is it you are done 🙂 Enjoy!