These are hung up at the local market in Aptos called Deluxe Foods. My students get so excited to see their pieces displayed at the store. Let me know if you use it and if you have questions.
Happy Memorial Day!
Internationally recognized, Paul Brent is considered a top coastal artist. Inspired by Florida’s sea and shoreline, the award-winning artist freely embarks on forays featuring musical instruments and edgy cityscapes as well. Brent is one of the few artist-designers licensed by Florida as an Interior Designer with many of his works have been transformed into home décor and apparel through 50 licensees.
Skills Learned: Working with foil and netting to add texture to art piece
- Blue, violet and green watercolor mixed with water to make lighter
- Blue, violet and green powder tempera
- Large brushes
- Heavy duty foil
- Netting from potato and onion bags (to put under foil for pattern when they draw)
- Sharpies in various colors
- Glue and popcorn to adhere fish and turtles
- Purple and green tissue strips for kelp
Have students start by painting the background with green and blue watercolor mixed with water to make lighter. While wet add salt and the powder tempera for added color. Set aside and work on fish and turtles. Teach the students the basic steps for drawing turtles and fish on board. Then have them decide which they are doing and how to layout. Use netting and shapies to color then cut out. Cut kelp and glue all pieces onto background.