So I have been having trouble with some of my paintings and have been cooking more 🙂 We were supposed to meet friends for dinner and drinks last night but they got held up so I had to cook something for dinner quickly. I had a few things in the fridge to use so I came up with the below and it was so yummy. I am sure you can add more to this recipe. I really wanted some spinach in it but I was out. I am sure that would taste good too. Happy Fourth!
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons of parsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and some for drizzle on top of mushrooms after cooked
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms your choice (I used mini Portobello)
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of sheep’s milk feta cheese (or whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup of shredded goat gouda cheese for topping
First wash and de-stem the large portabello mushrooms and place on baking sheet. Next in a saucepan add olive oil and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the turkey sausage by squeezing out of casing into garlic and olive oil cooking pan. Cook thoroughly and then add parsley and mushrooms until softened. Mix the remaining ingredients (except the shredded gouda cheese, save that for the top) in a bowl then once the sausage mixture is cool add to bowl and mix together. Stuff mushrooms with mixture adding the shredded gouda on top. Cook at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes then drizzle with olive oil and you are ready to eat.