- Yellow, red, pink, orange tempera (warm colors)
- Blue, green, purple, turquoise tempera (cool colors)
- Paper plates for paint
- Discount school supply 12x 18 watercolor paper (1 sheet for warm/cool painting one sheet for trees
- Cardboard cut into small pieces to use for tree marks
- Black tempura paint for trees
- Large paint brushes ( for painting background)
- Small brushes for painting trees
- Glue for putting trees on background
- Scissors for cutting trees
Warm/Cool color palette and perspective.
*Need to give credits to Deep Space Sparkle-I adapted from her lesson and the students love doing this 🙂 Thank you!
Begin by discussing and showing students birch trees and the shapes and marks they have on their bark. Then discuss warm colors (fire is what I use Continue Reading »